Sunday 4th March 2018
Shoreham By Sea - 9.45-12 noon
This is a chance to show the world just how many people care about our oceans!
There are two meeting points;
From 9.45am one group will meet at Widewater Bathing Beach, Widewater Car Park, BN15 8LH, and will clean eastwards.
And another team will meet at 10.15 at the Old Fort, BN43 5RL and clean westwards.
- We will build a whale on the beach out of the plastic collected
In association with
With enormous thanks to our very generous supporters....
Want to join us?
Then you need to;
1) Let us know you can make it here and email
firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know numbers of adults and children who will be coming to ensure we can cater for everyone
2) If you are bringing children under 16 please fill in the consent form here and send it back to email@example.com
Bring gardening gloves, litter picks (if you have them), extremely warm clothes, hats, more gloves, scarves, hot drinks in flasks, travel mugs, reusable water bottles, snacks, other family members, a sense of humour, a keen eye for micro-plastics, a love for our ocean, leads and bags for your dogs, your mother-in-law, your neighbour....
How to get here
1) Please walk or cycle if you can as it will be busy!
2) By train - If coming from London there are regular trains from Victoria and Clapham Junction. We will be organising transport from the station to the beach meeting point, so let us know if you need a lift!
3) By car - there are lots of spaces at Widewater Car Park, and also some on Old Fort road. We will send you more details about that if you register with us
Widewater Car Park
1) Please be sure to buy your £1.50 (in cash) car park ticket or pay using the Parkonomy app - beware of the very vigilant parking wardens and the double yellow lines!
2) There is a small toilet block at the carpark and a drinking water tap
1) Please hand us your consent form for children under 16 (if not already returned)
2) Register to make sure you're part of the record!
3) Join your allocated group for your beach cleaning briefing!
4) Smile, we are going to be videoing the whole event! (or let us know if you don't want your lovely face in the amazing photos and videos of the day, but hopefully you will!)